Pulsar APX Wax: The Dab Rig In Your Palm
Pulsar’s name exploded onto the vaporizer market with their herbal lineup of devices, boasting some of the best prices on the market without lacking on quality or design. The APX Wax is designed to be perfect for those looking to get set up using wax without buying a bunch of supplies and things resembling a science lab. Coming in at only 3.5 inches tall, this little hero rivals the performance of an entire desktop dab rig. LED display, 5-minute safety shut off, and 1.5-hour battery life accomplish a simple setup process without a steep learning curve. Pulsar makes a note to leave ample space inside the coil chamber to create long-lasting and high capacity sessions.
Pulsar is an aromatherapy company that came onto the market with a strong and effective vision in mind; “Better vaporizers at better prices.” Their goal in vaporizer technology is to produce a device suited to everyone’s needs. Some folks may strive for a completely customizable, desktop vape experience that can match the session they’re seeking for at any given time. Others want a highly portable, easy to use and navigate, powerful vape that can perform on demand and without restraint. Pulsar’s APX Wax is the shatter-founded solution to those looking for clean and still potent performance.
Pulsar APX Wax Main Features
- 5-second heat up
- Pure quartz heating chamber
- Replaceable atomizer tanks (V295 & V295M)
- Replaceable glass (V296) or steel mouthpiece (V296M)
- Replaceable triple quartz coil (V297)
- Silver and black exterior
- Long-lasting, quick charging 1100MaH battery
- 5-click button locking function
- 5-minute safety auto shut off
- Vape ready light
- LED display
- Micro USB charging port
- Powerful 1100mAh lithium battery
- 1.5 hour charge time
- Atomizer resistance – 0.7ohm
- Triple quartz coil atomizer
How To Use Pulsar APX Wax
With LED display and incredibly quick heat up time, you’ll find initial setup of the APX Wax and use to be a complete breeze.
- Press power button five times fast
- Remove pure quartz heating chamber
- Load triple quartz coil with included dab tool
- At this point, you may choose to either preheat the coil or simply place the pure quartz coil back on before starting the session. We recommend placing the pure quartz cap back on before heating for maximum vapor preservation during your session. DO NOT TOUCH EXPOSED COIL FOR 10 MINUTES DURING OR AFTER A SESSION
- Select between holding the power button down continuously or for 2-3 second intervals during each drag.
- Vapor levels will naturally decrease as chamber contents is used up
- When session is finished, press the power button five times to lock the device and prevent autofiring
The Pulsar APX Wax Comes Complete With
- 1 x 1100mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- 1 x Quartz Rod Triple Coil Atomizer
- 1 x Borosilicate Glass Mouthpiece/Chamber
- 1 x Steel Dab Tool
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Why The APX Wax Is A Must-Have
Like Pulsar Vaporizer says themselves, “welcome to 5-second dabs!” Preparation is a huge con that can come alongside using concentrates. A torch lighter can take anywhere from 1-1.5 minutes of heating up and waiting for the optimal temperature. For medical, and on-the-go dabbers, convenience and dosing speed is critical. With a triple quartz coil, you’ll find an impressive 5 second heat-up time that produces absolute clouds.
Something that larger wax vapes struggle with heats up time and cloud production. The Pulsar APX Wax coil provides huge surface area heating and balanced airflow that accelerate both the speed and density of each puff. A standard 5-click device power operation and 5-minute safety auto shut off are both features to regulate user and device safety as well as device longevity. You’ll find roughly 2 days of moderate, continuous usage with an 1100 mAh battery, which is incredible considering the battery itself rivals half the height of Pulsar’s herbal predecessor!
Simple and yet effective construction allows for the right tools for the job to be implemented with precision during each session. Anodized aluminum wraps the bottom piece of the device for both the silver and black editions. Wax sessions can be messy. The heat needed to provide proper vaporization will oftentimes leave remnants spewing around, especially on those larger load ups of your nail/chamber. APX solves this by creating an all-quartz chamber for quick and easy residue collection. An added feature that comes with this coil design is improved conservation of vapor produced during the heating process. You can choose to preheat your coil before placing your wax inside the chamber and placing the cap on, or you can pulse a pre-loaded chamber with the cap already on. Heating a pre-loaded chamber takes advantage of full vapor utilization while the opposite does provide for improved session contents visibility.
An analog dab rig or even an E-nail are cumbersome, prone to breaking, and can require a lot of maintenance. The APX Wax provides instantaneous dabbing without requiring a myriad of accessories, a desk to sit down at, or a bag to keep a toolset in. Another added benefit stemming from its simple operation is the beginner-friendly all-in-one setup you get. Without having to look in a few different places for all your tools, Pulsar prides themselves in adding a complete set that can have you dabbing 5 minutes out of the box.
Our FAQ page has several helpful tips and troubleshooting options for portable and desktop vaporizers. Keep it bookmarked for easy reference!
Maintaining a Pulsar APX Wax Vaporizer
On top of every other benefit that comes with the APX design for their wax vape, it’s also incredibly easy to maintain. We offer a premium herbal vape cleaning kit which has you covered in any nook and cranny on any device! This device requires regular cleaning only within the vaporization chamber itself. With a pure quartz chamber, you’ll find residue and inevitable buildup easy to collect and remove. A replacement triple quartz coil can be purchased here for long-term optimal flavor. Here’s a quick cleaning tutorial to ensure you get the most out of your device.
- Remove pure quartz glass cap
- Rinse glass with isopropyl alcohol
- With glass cap still removed, run a full session on your device to burn residue stuck to main coil
- Use preferably dry wipe to clean bottom half of device
- After about 3-5 weeks a replacement coil is needed to maintain effective vaporization and flavour. Switching a coil is as simple as screwing one off and attaching the other. DO NOT TOUCH EXPOSED COIL FOR 10 MINUTES DURING OR AFTER A SESSION
Video review courtesy of Vaporizer Review
|Power Supply||Built in battery|
|Battery Life||1 hour|
|Heat Time||5 seconds|
|Warranty||1 Year with Pulsar|
Last update of prices: