The Arizer Solo 2, A Powerful, Smart Companion
The new Arizer Solo 2 is a welcome step in the evolution of Arizer products. This portable dry herb vaporizer is incredibly powerful for its size and the Solo 2 functions as an effective at home unit. This product is an obvious improvement upon the original Solo and shows that Arizer is well aware of the current market trends and the latest user-friendly features.
Arizer is a well-known brand by many North American vape-heads for the consistency of vapor produced, quality Canadian workmanship, and the durability of their units. Not to mention their stellar customer service team that are highly responsive. The Arizer Solo 2 is an absolute bargain at under $200. Many other vaporizers at the same price do not have the same battery life or ability to vape as consistently as the Solo 2. Arguably the most effective and capable portable unit available.
Improving the heating time of the original Solo, the Solo 2 is also slightly slimmer while delivering an easier pull than its predecessor. The slimmer design has been welcomed by many, as has the speedy heating time. With a weight of 222 grams (0.49 pounds) coupled with the modern and professional design, the Solo 2 has a high-end feel while maintaining a very affordable price.
Arizer has become a staple brand in the vaporizer industry and many consumers looked forward to the release of the Solo 2 after the original Solo was received so well. These consumers were not disappointed, as the improvements made from the Solo to the Solo 2 meet, and exceed, many initial expectations. Users of the Solo 2 are always quick to affirm their beliefs that the unit produces remarkably flavourful and consistent vapor from this portable unit.
Arizer Solo 2 Main Features
- Digital HUD that shows the current and desired temperature and also displays the battery charge level.
- Startup time of under 10 seconds
- Heat-up time between 20-30 seconds
- Arizer custom temperature settings, as well as the ability to change the temperature in 1-5 degree increments
- Improved airflow for larger and more controlled hits
- Customizable session timer from 5-15 minutes
- Temperature settings from 50-200 degrees Celsius (122-392 Fahrenheit) and readings in both temperature formats
- Stands 11.4cm tall (4.49 inches) by 4.5cm (1.75 inches) wide
- A weight of just 222 grams (0.49 pounds)
- Comes in black or dark blue
- 100-240V power
How to Use The Arizer Solo 2
The Arizer Solo 2 is very easy to use and maintain, just like its predecessors.
- The Solo 2 is turned on and the desired temperature is selected
- The digital heads-up-display notifies the user when the Solo 2 is heated
- The glass stem is loaded with medium ground dried herb and placed into the Solo 2 unit
- Sit back, inhale, and enjoy the thick vapor, synonymous with Arizer products
The Arizer Solo 2 is most efficient using dried herb that is moderately ground/somewhat coarse. The 3-Piece Aerospaced Acrylic Grinder is a highly valuable companion to the Solo 2. Outdoor adventurers will enjoy using the belt clip on hikes or other activities instead of carrying it in their pocket.
The Arizer Solo 2 Comes Complete With:
- Wall charger
- 2 different glass stems (90mm and 110mm)
- 4 stainless steel screens
- 2 glass stems caps (silicone)
- Carry case that stores both stems as well as the Solo 2
- Stainless steel stirring and packing tool
- Glass aromatherapy diffuser with a sample of aromatic herbs
The Solo 2 accessory kit will have users vaping and maintaining their Solo 2 with ease. The Solo 2 vaporizer carries the same prestige as any other Arizer product. An included two year warranty from Arizer partners well with the company’s tradition of quality products and professional customer service.
Why The Arizer Solo 2 Should Be Your Next Purchase
The Arizer Solo 2 is an excellent portable (or at home) vaporizer that allows a diverse range of inexperienced users, veterans, and first-time vape users an experience they won’t soon forget. The “Menu” and “Up” buttons pressed together turn the Solo 2 on. Users will be greeted with a beep when it is ready to heat up (takes 4,6, or 8 seconds). A “hi” and friendly face also appear on the heads-up-display. The menu system is incredibly easy to use and the range of custom features is accessed through the front display.
The battery life is excellent for a portable unit and allows for up to three hours of vaping (or 8-10 sessions) once fully charged. When the battery finally dies, users are able to vape with a plugged-in Solo 2 after approximately five minutes of charging. This feature is highly underrated, and useful, if charging batteries is not your main priority. It will take three hours to charge the Solo 2, a good trade-off for the amount of use the battery produces.
Equally important, the Solo 2 produces thick, heavy vapor clouds that maintain the full flavour of any dried herb. This is an important signature feature of all Arizer products. The heating time is faster than previous Arizer products, enabling a quick hit while on the move or when short of time. The glass stems are made from a boro-silicate glass that wont emit any toxic fumes. This enables fully flavored, clean, and satisfying hits every single time.
Nevertheless, the Solo 2 requires a modest learning curve for some users. Long, slow draws produce the best vapor and the Solo 2 is a very straightforward daily device. The Arizer Solo 2’s timer gives users the option of 5-15 minute sessions which supports the efficiency and user-friendly nature of the unit. Overall, the Solo 2 is a very impressive vaporizer for the price. Additionally, the Solo 2 is incredibly durable and robust, although the glass stems are still fragile. Arizer has manufactured quality products from day one. The Solo 2 should last a very long time with proper maintenance, this is covered in the section below.
The Arizer Solo 2 Is Incredibly Easy To Clean & Maintain
Cleaning the Arizer Solo 2 is incredibly easy, despite a heating chamber inside the vaporizer. The glass stems will require almost all of the cleaning. Dried herb or residue must be cleared from the heating chamber after use. The carry case protects the Solo 2 while on the move and the silicon caps keep your dried herb inside the stem. The aromatherapy attachment is a welcome addition for those who also enjoy relaxing aromas after their session. The Solo 2’s transition from vaporizer to diffuser is seamless and odour from herb vapor is dissipated.
- We recommended soaking glass stems in isopropyl alcohol overnight once dirty
- If the heating chamber is sticky with residue, a cotton swab with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol should be enough to get rid of it
- After cleaning the stems and/or heating chamber, place a glass stem into the Solo 2 and let it run the hottest session cycle until the smell of alcohol has disappeared
- The Higher Standards Cleaning Kit is a great sidekick to the Arizer Solo 2, keeping it in great shape while allowing users to get the most out of their vapor
Video review courtesy of Sneaky Pete
|Power Supply||Built in battery|
|Battery Life||3 hours|
|Heat Time||Less than 1 minute|
|Temperature||50C – 220C (122-392 Fahrenheit)|
|Warranty||2 Years with Arizer|